Friday, January 16, 2015

We are different

My sister-in-law grew up listening to the words of her father, ‘Don’t talk back to your husband and don’t fight back in anger.’ She looks at me with an uncomfortable look when I talk back to my husband.

She is one of the busiest people I know. She is always busy to help family, relatives, friends and neighbors in L.A. While working and raising two children, she doesn’t have to diet because she read and solve the documents of old people who are not able to speak English. And she also helps the people around their birthdays, weddings, and funerals.

She is one and half generation but seems to see last remaining woman in the Joseon Dynasty. Is it heartfelt to refuse? While She enjoying helping, she once cried on the phone, saying, “it is too hard and tired to live, and sometimes I want to go to a remote place where there are no people around me.”

The first generation of immigrants want to educate well their children in a remote country and to live happily and prosperously but they need children because lack of language communication. Young children live close to the responsibility of helping their parents and become tame to each other.

Being tamed by someone can lead a life other than one’s own, which determines the fate of one. Of course it is fine if they are happy with such a life.

The parents like the runway of the airfield. Parents want to make sure their children can come and have a place to rest and recharge and fly safe again.

Mt lifestyle is different from my sister-in-law, which I have to drag, pull and compromise against the opinion of my husband who sometimes go astray. However, during the two weeks of the holiday, I had a good time exchanging opinions with each other in our house.

The sister-in-law loves black coffee and I like coffee with milk. We just live a different life. Isn’t the world moving in a variety of fun ways because each person has different of living and different values?

Go and live. Do not be afraid. It's your one and only life. Do not waste it.

No comments:

Post a Comment