Friday, January 23, 2015

Her amulet

There is a fortuneteller who has to be with me every time I go to Seoul because I have to be nice to her, not to meet her for divination

When I entered kindergarten, my mother gave birth to my youngest sister. She was bleeding deeply and was always lying with hormone related disease. The housekeeper did all housework. I always grew up to hear from my mother that I should be good to the housekeeper, saying that if you do not good, she will go away. When the maid went away, my aunts brought another maid home in a hurry, but home was in mess until new one came.

Then the habit I have heard from my mother has remained up to now. Even I go to the restaurant, hesitate to ask the serving person what else to need. My husband and I do not get fine finishing requests before paying the money to the people who came to repair the house. In the end, I thought that I should do nice for the woman who cares for my father. Because if I should be good to her so that she will take care of my father more comfortably.

She pocketed some money by selling talisman and a fortuneteller while taking care of my father. I gave her the date of birth of my friend’s family let her see their fortune. I used to play the role of a decoy to make her money.

One day, she asked me to go out with her to buy the bags to put the talisman and give it to the customer. I asked her how much the talisman and show me what it looks like. She said she could not show it and the price is expensive.

I looked into her open room one day, wondering what was written on a piece of paper and weather it is too expensive. She was writing something hard. I approached her slightly and looked over her back. The Chinese character '' are filled with in the shape of a triangle. In fact, I have never seen amulets, and I do not know what they are based on, but it was suspicious that the '' is drawn in a pyramid shape.

"Do you write a amulet?" she was startled and hid it. "Is not that person ''? Does people buy it so much money?” “It doesn’t matter what it’s about, it can be a peace of mind if people keep the amulet."

I looked around the room avoiding the awkward eye. Antiquities buried in my father's hand were moved there. Come to think of it, I thought my father’s room is a strange feeling of empty.

My mother's teaching that I should be good to housekeepers because she was worried that the workers would go way. Eventually led to change position. The rest of my father's life was, ‘she ends up sitting on top of his head and bossing around.’ I closed her door quietly to avoid show my wet eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment