Friday, September 26, 2014

Please call me my name

Who is it? Do I know him? The familiar man opened the gallery door and stared at me. The man approached me with a pleased expression. Suddenly he stopped and asked me, 'Who is it?'

'Will I say my name? Or whose wife is it? "This is always a problem. It would be a quick solution to mention my husband's name rather than me, but I want to stand alone in my name.

I often get embarrassed because I do not remember the name and faces of people I met before. My repeated mistake is that my husband says, "If you don’t remember who’s coming to greet you on the opening, do not ask 'Who are you?' Do not be embarrassed to pretend to know someone wrong. "

Are not you Mr. Il Kim? At the opening, a woman greeted my husband and asked. My husband's name is Il Lee. She was confused with 'Il Kim' who was a former 60s star wrestler.

A Korean woman looking back to take an elevator in a loud voice called 'Bianca.' I do not forget that her face seemed to match the name of 'Sunhee or Sunja', which doesn’t fit with her exotic name Bianca, and people around her were staring at her with look of amazement at the moment, and laughter

Is it because of such a memory? I decided to retain the name that my parents had given me. The children also made Korean names that can be pronounced smoothly even if they are called American or Korean.

I want to stand alone by my Korean name, not whose wife and whose mother but there are still some people who introduce me as a wife. I ask them to introduce me in my name in the future.

One of my favorite things these days is looking for people I knew before on Google. Especially, I wonder what happen to the men I met in my youth. Unfortunately, I do not remember the name.

I guess it is a name that forgets not to see and call often as old photographs fade away.

No comments:

Post a Comment