Friday, June 7, 2013

You don't like me that much?

Not anywhere else, but in a giant cruise that circled for a week or so.

I met a familiar person on the cruise. Of all the cruises, the same one! I was so glad to see her. I smiled and said hello. She turned her head away from me. Did I see it wrong? I was confused when she pretended not to know me.

No matter how big the cruise is, it's bound to hover in it once it's trapped. I saw her reading a book at the buffet. I went to the table near her on purpose and sat down. I tried to pretend to know again, but she kept her eyes on the book and didn't raise her head. She left the book on the table and went somewhere. I looked at the cover of the book. It was a Korean book.

Sitting on a deck, I saw her staring at the sea again. Lodging about with nothing to do, I sat near her. I looked her carefully to see if I really misjudged. She wanted to rest on her own, so she pretend she didn't know me?

My husband didn't even get out of the cabins, but he only watched the rolling sea on the veranda. I wished I had someone to talk in the cruise. “Be stop. She doesn't like you. Why do you keep pretending to know?" At last my husband shouted. With crushed pride, I no longer looked at her. Swim, jog, dance, and went to the theater in the evening. I busied myself around the schedule.

While I was playing well, when I see the rolling sea, why did I come to mind her face filled with distorted anger. Is she depression? Was her business ruined? Was she divorced? 'Why does she pretend she doesn't know me?

My husband also had no words what he thinks while looking at the vast ocean. In the late 60s, his father worked as a chef for three years on a cruise leaving Miami. Are you recalling your father, who only worked inside the ship to support his family? We were done with the unpleasant journey.

She showed up at a monthly meeting. In its attire at the cruise. Did not give eyes once. There are times when life becomes unbearable and don't want to pretend to know people. Still, isn't it too much to crouch self while throwing away basic feelings as a person? Even the unknown people on the cruise said hello each other, but. I do not bother people even if say hello because I enough to live in America.

It would be more tiring to pretend not to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment