Friday, June 28, 2013

Even if I walk today

'Even though I walk today, the step are aimless. Tears welled up in every step that had passed.'

My father excitedly sang to see if my friend and I, who shared the same elementary school and college, felt good when I hung on both arms. We also hummed along the streets of Insa-dong to his father's tune. As if my father did not know the pain that this friend and I shared when we were young, so his tune was with joy.

There was a famous sixth grade teacher in a elementary in the middle of downtown Seoul. The student who was beaten and survived by the teacher was a well-known teacher who was guaranteed admission to a prestigious K girls' middle school. At the beginning of the sixth grade, the entire class made their own rods at the woodworks at the instruction the teacher. Then each of them was inscribed with their name on it and hung them on one side of the wall of the classroom. It was a rod to achieve goal to attend the prestigious K Girls' Middle School. It was up to my father, who wanted to send me the K girls' middle school that he had to make it again at wood shop if I was beaten and the whip broke.

First of all, I was beaten when my grades dropped, but for many other reasons. The teacher's fury figure was creepy. The nervousness of going to school and getting hit again made me gloomy and afraid of day by day.

One day near the end of the sixth grade summer vacation, I was in pain, thinking about going back to school. Suddenly the right arm was shaking and falls under the bed.  A strange phenomenon happened suddenly in my arms. Again my arms shook back and forth. It shook for about 30 seconds, then stopped, then shook again and again.

I couldn't go to school because of the frequent shaking of my arm. Surprised mother went to cure my illness by inquiring doctors and oriental medicine doctors who were useful here and there. However, doctors were unable to find the disease.

Because of the shaking arm, I only attended the sixth grade for half a semester. I played at home. I thought that I don't have to see a scary teacher, so my shaking arm stopped suddenly one day. Of course I couldn't get into the K school my father wanted so badly.

But my friend, who holds on the other arm of my father, entered the k school thanks to her better-beaten endurance than me. She used to get hit on the head and take off his a blood clot. I can't believe she's scratching her head from time to time. Her good head was damaged by the shock of the day and we ended up meeting again at secondary college after failing even the prestigious S university my father had expected.

Now my father is happy that I live a healthy life even if I'm not the best. Since I am not the best myself, I take it for granted and live happily every day. I walk aimlessly today, looking at those who are ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment