Friday, August 5, 2016

Looking for something different

Is it an age-old trip? It seems that I wandered in the fog where I was going and what I was looking at. I think I can remind of them in the order in which they were photographed.

My mouth remembers better than my eyes. The atmosphere in which the taste and color of the food we ate with the people next to us is vivid.

I got on the Rhine cruise. The river ship, unlike the sea ship, was small and was no variety of entertainment programs at all. When the ship arrives at the marina, we take a morning tour, after lunch, we go for a walk in the town and go back to the deck to sunbathe. It is a lot to talk with people at dinner table.

As the river ship is small, there is a lot of contact with people, All 190 passengers were American, white, and only My husband I were Asian. They may have been uncomfortable with our existence, but what can we do! We could not enjoy the cooking with quiet meal. We were all in the middle of nowhere, so we had to get together at dinnertime and chat at the same table. It was inconvenient because as English is English, I felt uncomfortable but it was bearable.

I thought Germany was famous only as a beer, but the hill on the sunny bank of Rhine River were full of wine fields. An old medieval fort soaring above the winery hill and the restoration work is underway, with a crane erected over the wall of the fortress. It is clear that everything is aimed at American tourists who are hungry for historical storytelling.

There was an older man who traveled alone. I used to say hello every time I met his good eyes, whose legs were a little uncomfortable. He always carries plastic bags and picks up trash after getting off the ship! With his aloof attitude as if he was searching for all the trash in the world, his bent shape which looks like a piece of obsession that has grown in American life, was burnt deeply in my mind.

The moment I pulled my tired body back home and put my back on my bed, I realized that my home is comfortable even though it is hog pen. But since the world is wide and nobody is like me, I go on a trip to find something different

No comments:

Post a Comment