Friday, December 19, 2014

Sitting in a three-way cafe

"Do you know that chaebol men used like me in the old days?" "Then why didn’t you marry such a rich man?" “I tried to do it, but I guess it was not a tie.”

Another friend sitting next to me said, "Once, the men who came out of the prestigious universities liked me. One of them even had a sickness when I did not respond." “So did you accept his request?" "No, he was married to another woman who worked with him."

I glanced at the aged face and body of the two women and imagined that they would be cool enough to be liked by the chaebol men and prestigious men when they were young. “It is free to be delusion, but wasn’t there something wrong?" “Why not?’

"Didn’t anyone like you?" One of them asked me. "It’s nice to have one guy liked me regularly, but later I found out he was a bipolar patient. When he was a mania, he liked me, but when he was depression, he didn’t pretend to know me.” “How did you get married without man who liked you?” “I needed a green card, so I asked to marry me a college alumni I met in New York.”

I looked at my two loose friends who were divorced and freely living alone with envious eyes, unlike my own whom had to go home to serve dinner. Who am I living my life for? Why did I have to marry? 

"Mom, I'm not going to get married." “You made the right decision. You will live with your heart as you take care of it."

My father, who doesn’t have grandson in his only son, said, "the people in the neighborhood told me, 'Poor inspiration, no grandson and all your children live in foreign countries.” “It doesn’t matter about me. I am fine. The only son I have is a thankless son, if I have a grandson, it won’t be a big deal.  I'm glad that my only son didn’t give birth anywhere else. I like to live alone quietly like this."

I like to be alone too, but everything looks like my father!

No comments:

Post a Comment