Friday, December 26, 2014

While eating ramen

"Was the chewing of kakdugi(sliced radish kimchi) was too loud? I asked my husband who took a nap and awake from the next room. He said, "Even though it sounds, but the smell of ripe kakdugi is like a makgeolli (a Korean alcoholic beverage) brewery."

In the apartment where I lived with my roommate before marriage, I was chewing the pickled radish with rice. Suddenly the door opened wide and my roommate said, "What is the sound of chewing? Can’t you eat quietly? The sound is so loud that I’m too embarrassed to ask me my boyfriend what she is making sounds about. "She screamed at me and slammed the door. I thought there was nobody at home, but I was just dumbfounded.

The food I was eating I dumped quietly in the trashcan. I entered the room and was breathless. When I looked through the door, a huge white man opened the apartment door and left. In the broad daylight, I had no idea that she was going to have a foreign man was at home.

The incident occurred to me only occasionally when I was chewing on pickled radishes, but the incident of Kakdugi, a tall, sophisticated and elegant friend, was fatal.

"No matter what kind meal you eat alone, you have to eat some formalities. What's this?" My friend's pride suddenly collapsed in a moment when her boyfriend came to her place suddenly without any notice and looked at the table. She was so embarrassed that she could not respond and threw the food into sink. “What if my boyfriend was disappointed about me?” She asked me and wept.

He was disturbed by the fact that my friend’s table, he has lost contact with my friends and finally they broke up. Watching her agonizing waiting for a call from boyfriend, I could not believe ‘she was disgraceful about that much.’

On the day my husband solves dinner outside, I’m sagging and enjoying my own time while boiling an egg on ramen. Put a pot and pickled radish on the table in front of the TV.  Put hot ramen in the pot lid and eat it with gusto and suddenly falling into the old memories of being submerged.

I think, where are the noblest of them now sitting gracefully on a formal table and slashing elegantly? Is there anyone who wants to live in distress as well as leave a permanent bruise in someone's heart forever?

No comments:

Post a Comment