Friday, July 29, 2022

Watch a horror special

My husband said "Let's roam around Manhattan like a friend of Queen Bee living  in Seoul every Sunday."

The first Manhattan pilgrimage was to take the 1 subway and get off at Franklin Street. Walked to the Hudson River. After looking around Pier 26, located in Tribeca Hudson River Park, I ate pork and the husband ate shrimp donburi at a Japanese restaurant. We walked all the way to the Staten Island ferry, snooping around the battery park. I tried to go back and forth by ferry to cool off the heat, but I came home because the ferry didn't come on time. It was a pleasant outing.

On the second outing, it creaked. We got off at 14th Street in Manhattan and toured Little Island at pier 55 on the Hudson River. Walked the High Line next to it and headed to Hudson Yards. We went to Vessel, it was closed after the fourth suicide death of jumping from a sculpture of Vessel. We sat on the beach chair behind the Vessel and watched tennis matches and women's soccer on the big screen. We agreed to eat lunch in K-town.

We entered a Korean restaurant. I was shown to a seat next to the bathroom. It smelled like ammonia. I have lost my appetite. I asked the waitress to move us because my seat was uncomfortable. However, an unexpected reaction came. As if in a horror special, she glared at us with eyes full of white as if a ghost who had loosened her hair was staring. It creates a chilling atmosphere that says, 'Sit quietly and eat.' If we say a word, she run to the kitchen and looks like she will come out with a knife.

What did I see wrong? Is it a habit that isn't a skill she has glared at once or twice? I looked at my husband because I was curious about the sudden situation. My husband is also stiff with a stunned look on his face. When we looked away and didn't respond, the heroine of the horror special, who had been staring at us for a while, disappeared into the kitchen and did not appear. I was thinking whether to go out or not. Then an older woman came and changed our seat and showed her kindness.

I have lost my appetite. The husband, who was eating silently, said
"Did you see the waitress's eyeballs? I've never seen anyone look at me with those eyes.”

"Just let it go. What are we going to do if she wants to glare at us with her own eyes? It doesn't matter to us. She tries to relieve stress with those eyes, but if she keeps doing such a habit, her life would be ruined. There are a lot of people who try to fight whenever they get a chance. Why do we have to pay money to get involved in such a twisted life? 

Before coming home, I entered an open cathedral. My husband always waits outside the cathedral.
'Lord, there was a little friction in the heat of the day when I suddenly ran into the heroine of the horror special. But I am grateful that I was able to go home safely after roaming Manhattan with two strong legs.’

No comments:

Post a Comment