Friday, July 15, 2022

A Madam Queen Bee

 ‘How could I possibly be friends with her?’ 
It was each situation that could not be a friend. When I was in middle and high school, my grades were in the middle of the class, and she was always at the top of the grade. Especially, she was good at math. I was so bad at math and I didn't do homework well, so I often dream of being scolded by my teacher these days. 

 When I heard that she was going to and from school from Anyang by train, my ears got tempted. I imagined a neat girl in a blue school uniform with a white-collar looking out of the train widow. I also wanted to go to school by train. 

 I don't remember much of talking and playing with her at school, who diligently left school for fear of missing the train. But how we became friend? As soon as her mother died in we high school days, her father immediately remarried a woman, as if he had taken out what he had hidden. We wept together in front of her mother's grave, which was not yet dry. My mother is always sick too, and my father cheated on my mother. Perhaps it was because we were in the same position as we sailed the open sea on the same boat. 

 I told my husband. 
“Last summer, when we got off the train at the train station we wanted to get off and walked about 7 miles, the belly fat that I had lost swelled up again. When I dance Zumba, the belly fat shrinks but after dancing my back and knees hurt. You know my queen bee friend, right? She's looking around while walking in Seoul with her husband. She doesn't get belly fat. Isn't it cool?" 

 A long time ago, a friend Queen Bee lived in LA for several years and returned to Seoul. When I visited LA, we met at Queen Bee Cafe. My husband drove me to the coffee shop and said he would pick me up in an hour. However, the hour flew so fast that it was considered 10 minutes. I don't think we even started talking, but my husband pointed his index finger at his wrist as if to check the time in front of the coffee shop door and asked me to come out. 
"Can't we stay for another hour? We haven't even started talking yet. Please cut me some slack." 

 After pleading with him, I came back and attached my buttocks, and we were chatting, my husband's big face with the impression of anger appeared in front of the cafe door again. He again pointed his index finger at his wrist and frowned. 
"What are you chatting about for two hours? I can't find the parking lot, so do you know how many times I've gone around." 
At the sound of my husband's screaming voice, the friend was surprised and asked me to stop breaking up. That's why she's called the Queen's Bee. The friend then makes fun of me as if it is strange for me to live without breaking up with my hot-tempered husband. 

 If my husband had lived with such a bad temper until now, I would not be able to stand it and our marriage would have ended. Fortunately, the husband 'has to change to live. When I listened to my wife, I got rice cake while sleeping,' he said, And then he killed his temper. 
“I will take responsibility for my wife’s belly fat and lose it. “Let’s walk around Manhattan like Madame Queen Bee every Sunday.”

No comments:

Post a Comment