Saturday, October 2, 2021

A woman running in the rain

 "Oh my gosh! Why is it so cool here? Come to the closet." 
"The air conditioner wind next door is blowing in. Is there a hole in the wall?” 
"No way. I can't hear the next door because the wall is thick. Anyway, Americans turn on the air conditioner too hard. I'm afraid to enter the building that is too cold." 
My husband looks inside the closet to see if there is a crack between the walls next door, but there is no gap. 

 "Do you remember the story of a local store woman? It is cool because the air conditioner wind blowing in from the next store. We laughed because she told us not to tell anyone." 
"Oh! The lady who said the air conditional wind coming through the wall from the chocolate store next door." 

 This year, strangely, it was not hot at night, so I never turned on the air conditioner. Instead, I left the window open and kept turning on the ceiling fan. The ceiling fan also eliminates odors and keeps me cool. Sit quietly to write, or take a shower when it's hot while making artwork. On a day above 90 degrees Celsius, I played on the beach and came back in the evening, so my body was not hot. 

 "I've never heard you say it's hot. I hear cold all the time, and you don't sweat in your body. You are a very dry person. Is that why your personality is dry? You hate clingy relationships, so you cut them off as if cut them like a radish. you have a cold personality and don't give affection to people, but why do so many people want to meet you? 
"What's the secret?” “What do I know? Then why is water following you around? It's fate.” 

 My husband, who was born in the year of the dragon, is said to have water following him and harassing him. He is busy fixing the water and sewage pipes. He raged about lifting heavy tar and fixing the roof over because of the recent hurricanes that hit in a row. Due to my husband's fate that the water follows, I have to run when it rains even when I go out. Can't wait for the rain to stop. 

 Looking at me soaked in water as I enter the building, the doormen shout "wow". Why does that woman run on a when a raining day? They are curious. I quickly take the elevator and go into my apartment and close all the windows. This is because if the window is not closed quickly, my husband's distorted and irritated expression is visible as he sees the walls and floors soggy due to rain. 

 Even though I was careful while reflecting on the monk's words, ''It gets messed up when surprised and it gets solved when looking carefully.'' the running recklessly in the rain has become a habit. Because of the terrible weather in New York. Autumn is getting darker. It won't rain for a while now, will it? Let's not run for a while and walk around Manhattan with graceful gestures.

No comments:

Post a Comment