Friday, September 30, 2016

Folding laundry

I don’t know anyone likes to wash the dishes, but I enjoy cleaning the house. I particularly love to sit in a neat space and fold dry laundry.

Touching warm clothes makes my heart warm. I get soaked in the old days when we lived tightly.  

I had never bumped into my husband who was in my classmate in Seoul Korea. Maybe it was the same thing with other female classmates. They did not want to make any kind of connection with male classmate. Who would have wanted to tie up a relationship with a poor art major man?  

The scene was still vivid as it was yesterday. When a few female classmates arrived in a car with a chauffeur at Cheongyang-ri for a spring picnic in the early 1970s, poor face of male classmates was perplexed. Most of my female classmates lived well and decent figures, so they were to rush to get married as soon as they graduated. However, several times through the matchmaker, I gave up my marriage and chose to study abroad because I was fed up with the requirements of prospective man.

I can’t believe I who missed a chance to marry met classmate men who I didn’t want to make any kind of connection, through the introduction of alumnus in big American land New York.

'Am I getting married or not? If I miss this opportunity, I won’t be abler to do it forever and won’t be able to bear children, and will grow old by myself. "When I thought that I asked a man who was not very aggressive about getting married “let's get married.” And he replied, "Not until you graduate from school." It is also a realistic consensus that each person should take care of his or her tuition fees and that it will be a contribution to the living that starts without any financial difficulties. Of course, it is a marriage that I dragged him to the city hall as soon as he put off postponing even after graduation.

Though he was mean, at that time I lowered my eyes and prided myself and got married, so I could have a young son like an acorn and a older son like a chestnut under my husband whose nickname was a potato.

Of course, I am a person who is a realist and don’t know about loneliness. Even though I cannot get married I would live well as saying 'little goods little care. But Whenever I walk in Manhattan with the sons holding my two-handed, I think that I threw my pride aside and got these precious sons. If not, I will live with only my pride. When they see my smile face, the children ask, "Mom, what is so good." "There is something. You guys."

No comments:

Post a Comment