Friday, April 3, 2015

The devoted sister-in-law

One day I become a mother-in-law, but I’m very loathsome of in-laws interfere. It is because I'm a big fan of myself, and there is my nasty mind says, whoever dares to tell me what to do?  

My parents-in-laws are from Hamgyeong-do in North Korea. They are expressionless and blunt. But in general, they are good people. An older sister-in-law is faithful to her own life. The yonger sister-in-law is a devoted daughter. She cares a lot about her family, taking care of her mother and especially her eldest brother.

It is fortunate that we don’t much to see each other in the distance, but the problem arises when I visit to the in-law-family in LA. The older brother-in-law’s wife scolded me for not taking care of her husband’s birthday. I don’t even have my husband’s birthday and worried about each meal living in a difficult situation. I spoke without hesitation, saying, "I will only take my parents-in-law' birthday, so each one should take care of it or not.” The devoted sister-in-law was sobbing that if she was upset when she was listening to what I said.

I got married to her brother who came to New York from Los Angeles with $ 2,000. I paid off his student loan he borrowed before our marriage and I backed him up to be able to do full-time artist. What more does she wants me to do? I am the one who should be sobbing. If you want to be devoted daughter, do it yourself. Don’t force me to do. There’s nothing to gain by forcing me. One day I became extremely frustrated, I picked up the phone.

"Whenever you meet me, you cry, tell me what’s wrong.” She was surprised by the sudden my phone call. She said hesitatingly, "My grandmother and mother backed your husband up so much that could rent a studio for him.” My husband said, “When I came to America, I took out the deposit and returned it all.” It was also an old story that I did not even know before the marriage.

Even if the mouth is skewed, say it correctly. “Did siblings sacrificed and made money and backed my husband? If you feel bad about such a thing, my parents who are backed me by studying abroad are so bitter that they can’t live through it. If you are that bitter, take your brother and live. I had a hard time living with your artist brother." After that, her tears stopped.

As each person has different ways of living, the way we devote ourselves to our parents may be different. I have supported my husband who is loved by parent’s-in-law could work in the studio without worrying about money and raising children well is my devote parents’-in-law. Is there anything else that could cause disruption to the other siblings by claiming their own way of doing the right thing?

I should not be nagging at all when I become a mother-in-law. So I prefer foreign daughter-in-law. I know myself that I am not strong in English ability enough to get nagging.

No comments:

Post a Comment