Friday, April 5, 2013

The start was plausible

We left the house with three or four bottles of wine and a bag of side dish in the car. We drive aimlessly from place to place. As it gets dark, we enjoy the taste of a cup of wine in a lodging.

We passed the Holland Tunnel and entered New Jersey. Through Pennsylvania, he drove down to West Virginia and ran the skyline of Shenandoah National Park. After running for a while, there was little excitement in the forest. We should have come in autumn, when the maple is in full bloom.

We had to find a place to stay, looking at the slowly darkening sky. After running for a while on the side road, fortunately, before darkness fell, we found a lodging. Soothe our tired body with a few glass of wine, and my husband laid back his sitting position and fell asleep.

The next morning, my husband wanted to keep going south. I persuaded him to drive east. On the way to Annapolis, Virginia, where the Naval Academy is located, we stopped by the Arlington National Cemetery in Washington D.C. to see the cemetery. After then he couldn't find the highway to Annapolis. He couldn't find the way, so he drove the same road again and again for about an hour. The problem began here.

I become a navigator when my husband drives. Even if I ask him to buy a real navigator, he never buy it. “Have you ever seen an article that someone believe in the Navigator was buried in the snow and died? It's not a good idea to live too much on electronic civilization.” he said, vehemently opposed it. "Shall I go out and ask?" He had no answer. My husband who drives hates it the most. 'Stop over there. I will ask,' he ran at greater speed.

A long time ago, my husband got lost the way while visiting friend's house with a acquaintance. He kept running. Whenever I say "shall I go out and ask," there is a strange stubbornness that he angry and speeding. In the end, by the time the drinking party was over, we were able to reach the house. The angry acquaintance that rode with us said, "I'm not a person if I take your car in the future."

Reminding him of the time, I said, "Why won't you let me ask? Pull over the car." I heard that not asking for directions is a common chronic disease among Korean men inherited from their ancestors.

My husband tires the person next to him to recover his self-respect by finding his way to the end alone. He hasn’t found a way out in two hours.

We arrived in Annapolis in silence and walked out of the car. We walked apart. Pastel-colored houses, decorated with flowers from alley windows, were so romantic. A pub far away from the dock, and a vast expanse of sea that stretched beyond it, made me exhausted and stifled.

Why should I drink? The moment I pour a glass of alcohol into my mouth, my head is bowed like fallen leaves in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment