Friday, April 19, 2013

She said that I’m not her friend

It was a pleasant meal one spring day, in the sunny outdoors.

“I'm her friend,” I replied. But she said that I’m not her friend. I was surprised at the unexpected answer. The woman who asked for the relationship between us asked again, "Then what's the relationship between the two?" She said she is a friend with my husband.

'You're not friends with me, you're friends with my husband.' Losing my taste and words to her absurd answer, I placed my spoon and gazed away into the air vacantly.

My friends invite me to dinner. They also hand over useful clothes that they don't wear. I have to reciprocate something, but I have nothing to give, because I don't like shopping. I don't remember giving much to my friend. It is true that cooking skills are not so good that hesitate to call people.

In common words, I am a Seoul miser and did not give any affection to people. In addition, I live insisting on a human relationship that is neither near nor far away.

She came to study abroad more than 30 years ago and met my husband before me. However, she has been meeting with me more than my husband. Was I only thought she is my friend?

Is it because she's so nervous about playing menopause that she's psychologically confused? I was confused too because I couldn't understand the situation no matter how much I thought about it. 'Our long relationship was nothing!' I was at a loss for words.

I should be sorry to hear her say, 'I’m not a friend,' but what's this feeling of being free over time?

With a foreigner as her husband, she would hold me when she met me at a meeting and puke out the Korean words she had not been able to speak. My wish to talk to others came naturally, as I had nothing more to be held by her. Come to think of it, she wasn't my friend either.

I met her at the meeting a few days ago. I didn't have anything to say to her and I didn't welcome her. I went to another friend without pretending to know her. She came over to talk as she had been for many years, but I went to my husband. She came to me again. I left her to my husband and I went to another friend.

'You said you weren't a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment