Friday, September 7, 2012

Mind your own business

Sister-in-law's worries were growing that raising four children in Seoul costs a lot of money for private education. I brought her to the United States and made her a goose mother.

Was I heartbreaking for my parent's asset to reduce? However, not only nieces private education continue in the U.S., but also sister-in-law's own took flute and golf lessons

To make matters worse, as soon as she came to the U.S., which was overflowing with items she wanted to buy, she spent her days shopping. What can I do with the sister-in-law who fell in love with shopping? I regret that I woke up and stayed up all night to bring her the U.S. while I was sleeping at the sound of my paternal roof being pulled out.

"There's a lot of money, too. Sister-in-law would be nice!" I complained to my father.

"Why do you butt in when my daughter-in-law wants to spend some money? If you got married a rich man, you’d be able to spend money like her. All are innate blessings.” Every time I complain, my father who couldn't afford to take care of his own health, he didn't care about sister-in-law's spending. He said, "Mind your own business. Just live well with you."

In a frugal American life, whenever I bought something, I hesitated to buy it and I picked up a coupon and wandered around looking for something cheaper. I didn't like her, who is the exact opposite of me. I was annoyed by the thought of wasting money someone who had rolled in from somewhere made me sick.

I waited and waited for my parents to see if they had anything to give me, but I felt like she cut in and snatched mine. I was upset with grief and resentment as if I had lost my rice bowl.

An acquaintance of mine went to her married daughter's house and meddled in her daughter way of living. She had a feud with her daughter. Her unbearable daughter asked, "Mom, is this my home or your home?" "It's your house." "Then in my house am I the owner? Or are you the owner?" "You are the master." "Mom, when you come to my house, you should follow my way of living. I was dumbfounded to hear the an acquaintance's above story.

I tried to get involved their asset because I thought I had a deep relationship with my parent. I didn't do anything to help when my parents accumulate wealth. Rather, I squandered their wealth by studying abroad. The more my mother died and my father's strength diminished, the more powerful sister-in-law became. I have nothing to say.

I decided to live by my own means without regard to other people's things. In my father’s mouth, the words, ‘Mind your own business,’ disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment