Friday, June 30, 2017

Hide and seek in a cruise

The scenery and beauty of the nature also play a part, but I travel to find human interest.

When we travel to the land, our couple comes back home with a tired body while fighting. So I take a cruise to get rid of the little nerves.

I sat at the dinner table and began to hear the conversation of two Asian women sitting on a side table, which I did not hear when I was hungry, as I filled with various and neat foods that were usually not accessible at home. It seemed that they were not KoreanOnce the two were in conversation in English, the middle-aged woman’s accent is closer to American, and the old woman who spoke uninterruptedly was neither Native American nor Korean pronunciation.

If the Asian people are near during the trip, my husband and I keep our mouth shut until they pass by. We kept talking as we thought they were Chinese.
Suddenly, two women jumped up and approached  "Are you Korean?" in English.

How could they be so happy? Moreover, the young woman who had a pretty face did not leave. I had to recommend seats next to me. Always the beginning of the conversation on the cruise is 'Where are you come from?' “I came from New York.” When I asked back “We came from Minnesota.” She answered. The two women’s husbands are American. When a Korean woman lived with a foreign husband for a long time, it was ambiguous to think that her pronunciation and appearance were Korean.

Almost every day, in a situation where we have to run into each other in restaurant, the young woman says, 'Lets play with only girls.' She dragged my armMy husband reluctantly followed me around and disappeared.

They were good at speaking Korean, but conversation in English was habitual, and their American husbands flashed out like a shadow. Unlike my husband, they took good care of their wife and they were very affectionate. The young woman wanted to play with me, and my husband, who wants to rest quietly, avoided meeting.

I was so excited to meet Korean women in the cruise and to listen and share their lives with me. However, it is almost impossible to persuade my husband who wants to be alone.

I had to re-adjust my meal times and wander through other restaurants and avoid themThey look for me and I repeat hidingMaybe they did not look for me later onbut I kept playing hide and seek just like a sinnerI am too old to look around and play hide-and- seek on the cruise. What a miserable life!

No comments:

Post a Comment