Friday, June 20, 2014

Wisdom to live without

"Extreme minimalism" is what my friend told me after visiting my house. And she asked me that "Isn't it uncomfortable?"

I don’t have a lot of furniture, but there are a bed and a dining table except for a sofa. I do not like the big sofa occupying the room. There were the set of 4pieces of bowl. But I found the set of 8 pieces of Mikasa bowl suddenly came out from the deep inside the cupboard. I guess someone who lived before forgot to take it.

Unless the guests come, the refrigerator is also almost empty. Of course, the guests do not come often.  Eating is as simple as living. In the morning, eat oatmeal, at lunch, my husband wraps the lunch box and goes to the studio. In the evening, we simply eat kimchi and a soup or fish with vegetables.

It seems to be the small room with a bamboo pole hanging from the ceiling in the temple engraved in my head a long time ago.

The moment I entered the room in the cold winter mountain temple, the bamboo pole were hanging from the ceiling shook slight as if it was welcoming me. The casual of yellow cardboard floor and the wallpaper of the Changhoji led me that I lay tired on the heated floor. After a short nap, I felt as if I had recovered from the fatigue of my winter journey.

In the freezing wind, I grabbed collar and followed someone’s footsteps on the snow to find a kitchen that smelled that was rising into the murk sky. The soybean soup, potato drowsiness and vegetables, which made the unique taste with intimate liver, are so delicious. That short and distant memory scene of forms follows me all my life, forming a part of my lifestyle.

If I have a lot of things, it is hard to clean and manage, and get tired easily. I don't like the fact that large furniture overpowers their owners in small place. I hate wandering around to buy things. Walking into the home through a park filled with fresh air and smell of grass, when I see a stack of furniture I feel suffocated as if I am trapped in a garbage can.

The word that my friend says comes up. 'The structure of the person's house is like the structure of the person's brain.' Is it true that the head of a person who has many things in the house is as complicated as a house?

No comments:

Post a Comment