Friday, May 30, 2014

Children’s lovers

"Mom, I have a girlfriend. She is older than me." " How much?" "11 years." "Age is not matter. Anyhow she is young than me.”

I have a video chatting with my son who is in Japan once a week. I don’t contact him first because I think I may lose a chance to see him on screen if I keep calling and talk too much to him without hesitation.

When he was 14 years old, he could fly alone, he spent a month in Hokkaido in Japan with the program 'The Experiment in International Living'. Since then, he has been interested in Japan. After learning language by watching cartoons, he graduated from college and left to work in Japan.

"Dad's friend also got married to a woman who was 12 years older than him in the past. After all, he got divorced. I am glad you have a girlfriend rather than being alone in the distance. There’s a lot you will learn from her. Once youth past, youth never comes back. Play hard when you play and work diligently when you work. The time has passed for mom to dictate what you to do. You'll do well on your own.”

Showing three or four photos of his girlfriend, he asked, “How’s she mom?" “She looks pretty and young.” Her eyes are big and sharp outlines. She is not my favorite type. However I have to praise her for looking young and pretty. My son looks like a Japanese like his grandfather, but his Japanese girlfriend is the type I can see in New York. If my son liked her, I can't do anything. 

I have never once opposed the girls that children date. Just imagining my children sitting in a room playing computer games all day long is enough to make me sick. To stay away from computer games, I sent them abroad whenever they had a chance. The son of an acquaintance missed the time to date while playing games and was still sitting in front of the computer at the age of 40.

I don’t mind if their girlfriends are black and white or older. A daughter-in-law who is well-speak Korean can be hurt by misunderstanding by saying things without hesitation. Wouldn't it be better for language to be at a proper distance from another daughter-in-law?

I just hope that my children will live where they want to live, make the woman they want, do what they want to do, and live happily. Don't be so nervous about children's business and let's be good to husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment