Friday, May 16, 2014

A mother's heart for her allowance

"Mom, I'll give you $500 a month from now on." “Oh my god! I can't believe you're giving me the allowance. Thank you"

I'm waiting for him to say when and how to give it to me, but he didn't say any more. "Sleep here." "No, I'll go." I've been meaning to have a concrete conversation, but he went to Brooklyn and I haven't heard from him.

He came over for dinner on his way to school after work. There is no mention about the money he has agreed to pay. "If you give me money every month, it would be good for me to buy what I want to eat and stay healthy." I said casually. "I'll put it online bank at the end of each month. "Really!" "I will give you more money next year when my salary increases." He didn't ask for my bank account number. He’d have to know the bank account so he could put the money in...

In Korea, I became a teacher and handed my first salary to my mother. She was so happy! The mother was happier when I handed her twice my monthly salary by adding 100 percent bonuses for the next month. My mother, who was always in poor health, came out to the door with a bright face on my payday to wait for me. Then she would dress up early the next morning and rush to the bank.

I have never touched my paycheck to see my delightful mom. Instead, my mom told me to go to the taxi if I did not want to go to school. When I was depressed, she wanted me buy a nice clothes and played with my friends.

I complained the job of a teacher did not fit me, and every time I was told her that I don't want to see the scenery of parent’s bribery, mom would comfort me. Then one day, she gave up her pleasure and recommended that I go abroad to study, showing my bank account that she collected all my salary.

My father prepared money that $100, $20, $5, $1. And a handful of coins for a public phone call for me and said, "Do not worry about money just study hard." the day before I left for study abroad.

My salary was ridiculously small compared to the cost of studying abroad, but My mother is sick in spite of all the money-losing business, why did my mom used to jump up with joy?

I will make it a habit for my child to always pay in time. And I'm going to start a low-end business like my mom, who gives me a bankbook when I need money for my sons. Do my sons know?

No comments:

Post a Comment