Friday, January 10, 2014

In heavy snow

Snowflakes flied. I looked out the window and made sure the snow was not easy to end, and I prepared for hibernation. Watered the cactus lined by the window. Changed the bed sheets and cleaned up the house.

Some people boil a pot of beef soup when they leave home. But I boiled a pot of Napa cabbage miso soup. My husband called 'Brooklyn fodder'. Of course, I prepared rice with all kinds of mixed grains.

Snow piled up and melted and froze. The streets were dead still. It's the coldest weather of the year. Finally the day has come to reward me. I stopped jogging and got stuck at home. I've been in the bathhouse for a long time, listening to the dripping water from the faucet. I took a long nap without drying my hair. And I couldn't sleep that night and fell asleep at dawn.

I heard coffee brewing, refrigerator door opening and closing, but I didn't get up. I turned to the wall at the sound of husband's feet approaching. He put a cup of coffee by the bedside and looked at my movements and went to the kitchen without saying a word.

I felt asleep after hearing of the toaster. I wandered through time and space that seemed to be asleep or not. I was nervous by the frequent sound of strangers opening and coming and going, but I didn't want to get up and check.

After a while, there was another sound in the kitchen. I can hear my husband chewed the cabbage soup. At the sound of filling my husband's stomach, I went to a strange place again. 

I opened my eyes because I was hungry. There was a phlegm boiling sound from the old heating pipe. Where have I gone in a room full of music and coffee scents, soaked in coffee, buttery, sweet Madeleine cake and looking gracefully out of the window?

I put a bowlful of rice and put a lot of kimchi on it. And I mixed it with a red pepper paste. Sweep my loose hair and wipe my mouth with the back of my hand. The unfocused eyes overlooking the empty bowl are closed again.

No comments:

Post a Comment