Friday, October 11, 2013

If drive down road 208

When I meet Route 208 on the 4W in NJ, my car suddenly glides. Raise the volume of the radio to the full and run briskly along a smooth road, will reach a small garden with some 60 kinds of herbs planted.

The gardener, a playful owner with a blue bow tie, gave the guests leaves of herbs and explained its efficacy. The fragrance of herb makes my mind and body relaxed.

That's not all. A table fully prepared with seafood noodle, herb flower rice,, cold tofu, hot pepper oil sauce seafood, ginger sauce tuna, tangpyongchae,, asparagus Vinaigrette, assorted Boiled Meat Slices, beef cattle side and cucumber kimchi were prepared for us.

Starting with the hostess's piano performance in a graceful, shoulder-line black dress, the 15 performers and audiences became one in a cozy atmosphere. It is a 'Waikhov Home Concert' that invites musicians and music lovers once a year.

The relationship that ended more than 20 years ago led to another meeting! I got to know this couple separately who host the Waikhov Home Concert. The husband was my boss and the wife is a book club friend. I accidentally found out that they were a couple at my acquaintance's opening.

A long time ago, my husband left for Seoul to teach in college, and I moved to northern New Jersey where I liked the school district with my kindergarten and first graders sons. I met him as my boss of the workplace at that time.

Age is just a number," he said, hiring me who was inexperienced and elderly. I thought it was a relationship that ended, after returning to Brooklyn, where I used to live with my husband who returned from Korea, but I met his wife in a book club. And so I was invited to his home concert. After the concert, each invited people got herb tea bag too.

We came by car with a person who played there., "Is it hard to live in New York as an artist?" When my husband asked him, "I make a living by working part-time, far from music." he replied. We thanked the Waikhov Home Concert couple for inviting the artist to spend a good day.

'If make money, have to live like this nicely,' we said. Two people's sincerity, devotion, sacrifice, invisible love and effort that could not be expressed in words rang our mind. I'd like to run back to Route 208.

No comments:

Post a Comment