Friday, October 18, 2013

The rationality of water

As a child, I wanted to fly like any other child. If I lie on the water and look up at the sky and stir it with arms, wouldn't I be flying? Under the illusion of doing.

Floating comfortably in the water was not easy. "I'll jump to the deepest, so you can save me," I asked an acquaintance who was good at swimming.

'I can live even if I fall in the water' may have made float me on the water. For ten years, I lie on the water of a local swimming pool and watched the ceiling sky view and stirred the water as if flying in the sky.

That day was a totally different day than usual. The window in which I could peek into the pool drew curtains. It has never been before.  I opened the locker to change my clothes. I almost fainted. Isn't the Blond wig holding out like a severed neck? Most every rocker had a female wig staring at me.

Come to think of it, there were no men in the pool. Only women were floating in the water in long skirts covering their entire bodies, not swimsuits. Everyone's eyes gathered on me, the only small Asian in a swimsuit.

I was very embarrassed by the unusual view of the pool. I slowly swam back and forth to figure out what happened. Like a tofu a white approached me. "Do you need a job?" What the hell is this? I hesitated in embarrassment and asked, "What job?" She answered "Cleaning job."

After hesitating for a moment to find out what was going on, and "I need a cleaning lady too," I said with a smile. As if tossed with red pepper paste on the tofu, her red-faced swam away to the same group, then they glimpsed and chat at me.

When I checked at the front desk, I found that every Wednesday morning three or four hours were changed into a schedule for the women of Hasidic Jewish. I didn't care whether or not Juicy women wanted to swim in the water with me, I fell in thought, lying on the water and shaking my arms.

New York, where all races are mixed up, they wouldn't be unfamiliar to me, thought would they want to drive me out like this? However, understanding and accepting the culture of the neighboring Jewish women was not a bad thing.

If I do not struggle and gently touch the water according to the rationality of the water, I survive in the water. If I go against the water, I can't help but die.

No comments:

Post a Comment