Friday, August 2, 2013

No way

Where should I go, when I suddenly lost my mother's hand?

A email from a friend said, "No way. That doesn't make any sense. Wol-Hee Choi died of a heart attack." Suddenly, a black object hit my face and I felt suffocated. I couldn't believe it.

"I could't read James Joyce's 'Portrait of Young Artist’ (a book to read at the next book club meeting). What hold me alive? Wol-Hee Choi was the one that made me feel what the beauty of personality is and the humility of knowledge. Every month, I was filled with hope that I would read book properly and empathize with it. I guess the teacher must have taken a big part in my heart.  It's been a long time since I felt like there are people in this world that don't want to break with. I want to hold on, but is it my selfish idea? Why didn't I think she could go? I can't just let her go," I was speechless when I heard my friend's whimpering and muttering.

When my friend was stamping her feet because she felt so sad about the death of our book club teacher, I crouched on the floor like a crazy woman, picking up my fallen hair and sitting in the corner of the room blankly, "No way.' Only muttered. Perhaps I was able to keep silent because she grieved the same way I felt.

As happy as I was looking for a dim light in the dark, I suddenly lost my way, falling back into the endless floor of the dark cave.

"We should all be artists, moving away from habitual life and reinventing our lives with unconscious memories. Instead of judging on bad and good, we should get out of myself with an open mind and unite with others," she said. All of our members, who have attended her numerous lectures on passion, etc., resemble her and are free spirits.

The teacher is gone, but I don't want to lose book club members. I want to meet a good teacher again. Not only is rich in knowledge, but a teacher of both learning and humility, a fair person to all.

Teacher Wol-Hee Choi, I want to meet you again as your student in the next world.

No comments:

Post a Comment