Friday, August 16, 2013

I'd like to write a novel, but

“Let's go on a trip.” “Another?” “I'll have to experience something to write a novel.  I'm only at home, so I need material to write."

“You can't write a novel?” I turned on the computer at the bitter sound of my husband. I tried to find my tutor's name on Google as a youth. None. No matter how tried find it.

When I preparing for college, my father hired a resident tutor. She is a woman who is short and has a thin waist and a curly long hair up to her hip.

She taught well, but after studying, she wandered late at night and came in at dawn. When the buds sprouted and the spring breeze blew, she used to go out with black pantyhose and hot pants. Men would whistle on her back walking in hot pants.

In winter, she wore a coat over her underwear. When I opened my eyes to the sound coming in at dawn, she revealed her inner skin as soon as she took off her coat. When we went out together, the men looked her back with their eyes wide open. Courageous men talked to her. When the man she liked followed her, she would send me first and come in long after.

"Why did you do that late every night?” I asked because she was so strange to be doing something that was acting out of line with her top educational background. "It's because I need a lot of experience to write a novel." Come to think of it, her dream was to become a famous novelist. Was she going to write a third-rate popular novel?

Whenever I want to write a novel, I think of her. I lack of the experience to be a subject of writing. I was born in the heart of downtown Seoul and grew up in a like matchbox built with cement. No novel can come out of my normal-life head, which well listened to my parents and came to New York and married have two children under my husband's shadow. Even more I have no imagination either.

Most of the writers were born in rural areas and grew up with nature, and even in the midst of a difficult life, there should be a childhood when communication with neighbors takes place. Who says literature is the product of suffering!

She said, "To write a novel, you have to have a lot of experience." Has she ever written a novel after all her a lot of experience? Seeing that there is no her name as a Google search, it seems that she has only experienced the world and ended?

How can I write a novel with no experience or imagination? Don't fall when I try to climb a tree that I can't climb. Try to write a good essay about my surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment