Friday, February 22, 2013

I'm a copycat

A friend's daughter, "If I can't get married before the age of 35, I will become a Buddhist monk." My friend, "then let's build a new temple and will become a Buddhist monk together." I, who has been wandered through the temples, "Can I join your new temple."
Three of us are friends.

My friend's daughter is 31 years old and her major is the same as me. Since we were together in New York during her long study abroad, we became close friend.

One day, a friend's daughter showed up with a short haircut. She looked fresh and cheerful. "Where did you cut your hair done? I want to do the same." I followed her and cut my hair, but my reflection in the mirror was a totally different from her.

She, who had not been seen for a while, showed up with a little long hair perm. It looked good on a thin, slender figure and small face. I kept thinking her charming figure of grinning like a naughty boy. I also mimicked her and had a little long hair perm. But my reflection in the mirror was a woman who is just so eager to be young. Unknowingly, I covered my face with both hands.

She is a stylish. She is not too fancy but sophisticated, with accessories and scarves on top of clothes, carry-on bags, shoes, etc. I try to wear it my own way, but when I see her, I wonder why I want to imitate her. I can't keep asking for advice. She doesn't know this stuffy heart.

She is not only attractive but also good at work and sincere. She is also frugal and modest. She is witty and has a good sense of humor too. I keep laughing when I'm with her. She is also a good conversationalist who transcends gender and age.

I am a person who doesn’t even think about what I can't do and I can't have. But I was getting more and more to wish I had a daughter like her. Can I dare to make her my daughter-in-law? My oldest son is six years younger than her, but if they like each other, I'm fine... but not friends, right? She’ll find a better son-in-law.

"A lovely daughter of my friend, I should be crushed like soft persimmons, but I'm sorry to keep imitating you.

No comments:

Post a Comment