Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The inside of a mom's skirt

I lay by the river. Listening to the sound of the river.

The wind that permeates through thin clothes is like a touch of a mother. I must have fallen asleep. When I woke up, there was a heavy darkness.

When I was a child, my mother, who always lay sick, used to send me to a country house. Leaving behind her promise to follow me soon, I saw a country house when I got off the bus and walked 2.5 miles. The riverside cliffs that walked were endless deep and the river below the cliffs seemed to swallow me.

My aunt took me who was entering the yard of the country house to the stream and bathed me in the river. I could forget about my mom when I sat on the Daecheong Maru and I ate rice with the cucumber, red pepper, and clams.

I used to play with friends who welcomed me from Seoul.  All my friends went back home, I used to stand by the grave and look down the hill. I looked around in case there was my mother among the people who were coming back their home, but there was no my mother.

My mother in the dream said she couldn't come to see me because she had a sore leg and a headache. I used to cry for days to go to my mom. I cried even more when I Imagined about my mom fell off a cliff and died on her way to come to meet me. After crying like this for a few days, I could go to my mom's side.

I went into my mother's skirt and wiped my tears with her skirt so as not to show her tears. I was so happy with my mother by my side. I became the happiest child in the world and could run around all day without crying.

I don't have a mom now. She went to a place where I don't know and never to come again. Now I'm a mother of two, and I'm living in the same way my mother has been.

I try to be a mother who does not make children sad in a place where I can run whenever they call me.

No comments:

Post a Comment