Friday, June 17, 2022

Am I trying to get out of this world?

 'Is it possible that I was the only one who didn’t see it? Could it be that others already know and enjoy something that only I do not know?’ I have a lot of curiosity to see and know. 

 I went to an art fair. A friend walking next to me asked. 
“Have you seen Leonardo DiCaprio? He's very frugal and doesn't seem like a famous actor. "where? I didn’t see him.” 
“You just passed by. That man over there with his head down wearing that black hat.” 
“Ah, you should've told me earlier. Did you see it alone? It is too bad.” 

 I do not pass by when I see a long line while walking down the street. Go to the back row and ask the person in front of me. "What's the line?" Even When reading a book, I googled all the music, places, and pictures mentioned in the book to sympathize with the main character. I also look for and read other books by the author. 

 A friend suggested that we eat and play in Fort Lee. A woman I don't know will come from Manhattan like me, and she says comes by ferry. 'How is she taking the ferry from Manhattan to Fort Lee, New Jersey?' I enjoy cruising the waterfront, how come I didn't know how to get to Fort Lee by ferry. Out of curiosity, I googled it. 

 There are many ferries from Manhattan to New Jersey. But the Fort Lee is not. The price of the New jersey ferry is not cheap. That's strange. She lived in England and came here. Can she get on a discount price as a diplomat? Or does she bring a car on the ferry? I was exhausted from Googling, and sleep. The thought flashed in my mind, so I woke up and repeated my imagination. The day dawned. I am so curious, I asked her as soon as I met her. 
“How are you coming by ferry?” 
"From West 39th Street in Manhattan, take the ferry to Weehawken (Port Imperial. From Midtown W.39 St to Weehawken) and take an Uber. I come to New Jersey once, I spend $50." 

 It's strange that it costs less than $5 if you take the A-train from Manhattan, get off at 175th Street, and take the NJ Transit bus to New Jersey. Is subway rides dangerous these days? Am I the only one who takes the subway? Another question arose, and the question continued. She said that she had just lived in New York and did not know how to come to New Jersey, so she took a ferry near her house. I was curious about something that wasn't a big deal, so I imagined it too far and deep, and then I lost my sleep! 

 I often get tired of myself because I can't get away with it when I'm curious. While reading a book, the book page does not go over quickly because it deviates from the focus of the book and expands it extensively to investigate the author, the psychological investigation of the main character, and find the background and history. When a teacher asks a question at a book club, I can't answer in exact color as if I was looking down at the earth from space, I stammer with a grayish answer. I guess It seems that the time to leave Earth is slowly approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment