Friday, June 3, 2022

Stretch my legs after examining the place to lie down

 A young man is lying on the bed by the window without curtains across the narrow street. He sleeps with only his face exposed, curled up in a blanket. Like a white blanket, his face is very white. How he sleeps looks like my younger son! This is the image that I saw while I was shouting to wake up him who overslept. The man who woke up around noon is lying by the window and looking at the computer. Did he eats and lies down again? Does he have a job where he works at night? I'm curious. 

 When I was young, I woke up late. I used to lie down pretending to be asleep even when I woke up. 
“How can you live that you are so lazy in the future?” 
My mother would always kick her tongue and caress my back. She didn't nag me and said 
"it's okay even if you're not good at studying, please don't get sick." 

 The eldest son, who looks like my husband, cannot stay still and finds anything to do. The younger son who looks like me has no fetal movement and is quiet even after birth. He barely woke up until it was time to go to school. He did exactly what I did to my mother. At home, he was always lying down. If I ask him why you're lying down, he said I'm thinking. I did the same thing to my mom, 'do not disturb me because I am thinking.' 

 'Will he be able to do his job and live in the future?' I was nervous because I thought that nagging would only make him worse. I sent him abroad for volunteer work and summer school from the age of 14. Even going to college, I sent him almost every semester to overseas schools. I felt at ease because I didn't care whether it was late or not. After graduating from school, he worked in Japan for three years. Before he return to New York, I moved to Manhattan because it was burdensome for each other to nag the grown son. Did it work? 

 The son who I was anxious him graduated college, gets a job, doesn't miss the flight time, travels, exercises, and takes a walk with his dog. He only dates and doesn't make girlfriends. He said, 
"It's because I'm too lazy to please women. 

 He lives and works from home in New York, taking jobs in San Francisco and San Jose. Work starts at 11 am eastern time. 
“Aren’t you working so little and getting paid too much?” 
“I'm doing well what I have to do. If California introduces a four-day workweek, it doesn't even work on Fridays. It's good to have a job where I work a little and earn a lot." 

 It's amazing. Was he lying down after he has done everything he has to do? If my late mom would be amazed to see me waking up early and looking into the window of neighbors and minding other people's business. It was just like stretching my legs after examining the place to lie down, I had no choice but to be diligent in living apart from my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment