Friday, February 10, 2017

A fantasy of double in-law

Our couple and a friend couple sit down and lean on our glasses. The backyard of friend’s Long Island's house, once surrounded by dense forests, was crowded with the laughter of the children, but the children left for work after graduated collage.

We have two sons, and friend has two daughters. They have been growing up playing friendly since they were baby.

The daughters of friends who resemble the beauty of their mom and dad were beginning to come into sight. I had also been tempted to become our children’s partner when they were grown up.  

The friend couple met in an orchestra when they were young and married. My husband wishes that a woman who has studied music became a daughter-in-law. The two daughters of friend have considerable talent for playing cello.

There is no telling what exactly we should do, but when I mention that ‘how about if we become double in-laws?’ neither they did readily respond nor they did necessarily oppose it.

“Do not look far away, why don’t go out with Jin?” “I feel that she is like a real sister because I have seen her since she was a baby. Not only my son, but also my friend daughter is saying, “no way,” how can I go out with him like a brother?

Unexpected children's reactions, our expectations gradually subsided. 

As the children got busy, as they grew older, they hardly had a chance to get together. We are parents wanted them to meet in Manhattan together. It was not easy to book at 7 o'clock on Saturday for 8 people, but the children made reservations and we went as we followed them.

At the table where the two families gather, I look at the kids who are having a big meal with variety of side dishes and chatting joyfully, I can feel a fresh sense of emotion in the past time.

It’s so convenience and nice to walk around with them who were born, grew up, and guides us.

We are parents don’t have to be double in-laws. I hope each of them will meet a good person and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment