Friday, January 27, 2017

Cause provider

I saw that there were a lot of grandmothers who used to wear white headband when they had a headache in the past.

My mother-in-law, who visited New York from LA, has twice the thickness of my arms and legs. She eats more than I do, but she says she has no taste. She had a headache from the day she came, after a few days, it was not better, and so I took her to a Korean pharmacy in Queens.

Pharmacist hinted gently say was that there is no need to worry seems to make a big fuss the usual patience of Korean mother-in-law. I have no choice but to say, "If you get serious ill in New York, it'll get complicated," and you have to get your journey back to LA.

My 93- year-old mother-in-law wants to come to New York again. "No wayYou came here the other time and told me that you were sick." " When did I get sickI do not remember and now I am fine." "You can’t come if you come with someone." Eventually, she gave up on coming to New York.

Is that why? “I have to die soon.” Every time I call her she says, “I have to die fast.” It makes me difficult. One day I told her “Are you sickPlease take a pill and lie downI'll hang up the phone." No, It's okay, "the voice grows and bright.

“If you keep saying that you have to die quickly, no one even call and dislike you. You are old and you cannot be as healthy as you were when you were youngIn the past, when your mother-in-law was sick with a headband, your husband and you worried and had a hard time.”

And as if it was when I said, “No one is as sick as I am at my age.” I begin to hear hundreds times of scenes from the Korean War as if she was spinning old videos. 9.28 On the day Seoul was restored, the basement of Seoul Station was packed with dead bodies of the North Korean people’s Army, and the smell of rotting bodies came out of it… and so on.

The third son and his wife live right next door to mother-in-law. The eldest son, as well as a look into the daily commute and his wife takes care of her. In addition, my father in-law, who was making good money in his life, comes out of his pension. Oldest daughter husband is a doctor, sometimes brings sleeping pills and medicines. The youngest daughter is a devoted to her mother. Why she suffers from insomnia and depression?

Am I the second daughter-in-law who lives far away and speaks whatever I want to, causing depression and insomnia? My husband often says, “Mother is worried that she does not have nothing to worries about. Maybe I am the cause provider?

No comments:

Post a Comment