Friday, March 11, 2016

A snowy day

Only the water dripping from the faucet, the noise of the city is quiet as if buried in the snow. 

It was filled with water in the bathtub and lay down for a long time. As the children are all grown and gone, I do not have to leave the bathtub quickly. Wrapped around my wet body, I stared out the window. The large snowflakes fall down. In such a warm room, I fall into happiness, watching the pouring white snow out of the cold.

The phone rang. She is as beautiful as her name. Don’t forget to call me on snowy or rainy day. Although we have not met often, we have been keeping friends for many years.

How can I put my drooping eyes up? Try to make a lot of eye makeup. There is no one to meet out, but it is a day when I want to wear a hat on a makeup face.

The phone rang again. Living in Staten Island, she is a gentle and sensible friend. She quietly takes on all the hard work alone without complaining, even in the difficulties of busy life of immigration.

The snow is pouring without stopping. Why don’t I spend a day slowly drinking tea and eating apple bread I made yesterday? Just relax without thinking.

The phone rang again. It is a phone from a friend in Detroit as if she seems to be sensing New York is snowing. I met her during my school days and had a single time together. However, I have not met her since I came to the United States. The only talk over the phone continues our thin encounter. As the snow piled up, our conversation continued.

On the day when the world is buried in the white snow and disappeared, people dig up the memories that have been forgotten, and miss the old friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment