Friday, March 25, 2016

In life there are always ups and downs.

‘Are you going to eat your hat by now? Oh, you'll forget even the fact that you said that.’ Is it because of the conversation I had with my husband at the dinner?

I met my sister while she was on the phone talking to someone in a cheerful way. "Who is it?" "She works in the church office. By the way, she is artist like you." “What's her name?" After hearing the details of her impressions, I know her. "Do you call her again, sister? I have something to say." My sister called and gave me a call.

"Do you remember me? I was wondering if you were eating your hat?" "I am going to eat my hat?” she was puzzled. “You promised me you’d eat your hat if I didn’t get divorced.” She was surprised at my absurd question, and I told her to think it over and quickly hung up. What if it was real? Unfortunately, it was a last night dream.

In reality, she was one of the unmarried acquaintances who called me at 7 a.m. about 30 years ago. She rambled on for two hours with various reasons for not being able to marry the prospective groom who is my husband now. 'If you get married and don’t get divorced, I will eat my hat,' she said.

The man who is going to married with me is a man who has no job and majored in fine art that cannot be financed. While agonizing over how to marry such a man, I had to listen her to till my ears hurt.

“Why does stop our marriage to the skies?” When I asked the prospective groom, he said, “There was an argument with her at a meeting.” And asked me to marry him or leave him alone. I got married even after receiving such treatment! I am a person without pride!

Our marriage started from a shabby warehouse building so her promise was met. I suffered all sort of hardships as if I had been thrown into the open sea, shivering with cold and the poverty. However, contrary to her expectation, I am living a smooth life now.

Who knows what will happen tomorrow? ‘Eat your hat.’ it is too early to say. The journey in my life is still thick in the fog. I still unknown whether I will enter into a dark cave or a cozy way with bright sunshine. In life there are always ups and downs.

No comments:

Post a Comment