Friday, February 6, 2015

What do you want me to do?

My husband and I went out on a trip to the west in exhibition relations. I fell asleep at the hotel. My friend and her husband whom a physician called me into the pub and told me, "You look too bad. When you go back to New York, you'll have a comprehensive checkup.” "I've been having a bad night sleep for a few days and I have not had a break. I'll be fine if I sleep well." "Listen to my husband. Do not make big illness.” The couple scared me with a joint venture without even saying, ‘going in, rest.’

If it is such a big illness, can he give me a medical examination? I was tired of traveling and he made me sit down and forced to offer me drink. It is pain that I cannot get up and stay and drink alcohol! Yes, even if I fall down and die, I'll fall in front of the doctor.

My friend called me in middle of postponing my day, worrying about whether I should go to see the doctor when I returned to New York. “Did you see the doctor?” She advised me to see a doctor seriously because I told her that I did not. I was examined with anxiety that I was diagnosed with anemia as a result, and received iron. But I did not believe in the diagnosis of anemia.

After reading my article in the newspaper, my lawyer’s friend said a word. "Why did you have to mention someone’s real name on your article in newspaper? Don’t you know that you can be sued if you write someone’s real name?” Living in the United States, the heaven of litigation, my eyes turns suddenly white by the sound of whoever tells the story of a lawsuit. I fell suffocated as if I am swallowing a heavy wasabi and my head is sinking into the deep sea.  

I feel that somewhere in my body I'm getting sick, but I'm not a doctor. I am worried that someone may be preparing for a lawsuit against me, because I am not a lawyer. These feelings may be the inevitable potential instability of immigrants.

Rather than worrying about lawsuits, I would say that I have lost my energy. When I was young, I met people, got advice, looked back at the wrong things, and changed my way to the right direction, but as I grew older, it is too hard for me to be mentally and physically able to accept even though I know it is a sincere advice.

My father said, 'The more you grow older, the more you should listen to the younger people and the experts,'

No comments:

Post a Comment