Friday, November 7, 2014

Lose one's way

Every day, the world is pouring out new things I do not know and rushing somewhere. I often try to follow it but it is sneering at myself in front of me.

Every morning the newsletter 'Catch of the day' comes from NYCultureBeat. Looking into 'Catch of the day', I want to go out and find a good place to eat. What a useful blog that I wanted to be a true New Yorker!

'A critic who became your petchin in Korea commented on the your column.’ I recently received e-mail from someone who runs the NYCultureBeat.

What is the 'petchin'? A friend who’s bothering me? I fell asleep with what is it? I woke up in the morning and realized that it means a Facebook friend.

On Facebook, she said, 'I had a delicious food when I went to your house. I would like to visit you when I go to New York.’ She is a stranger. I don’t know her at all. She came to my house and ate some food! 'Who is she?' Yesterday, I did not know the word, petchin, and today I was in trouble to remember someone.

When I was studying abroad, I went to my friend 's house, got a meal, and listened to the sound of people' s flirtatiousness, soaking hands in warm water and washing dishes. With that memory, I invited a lot of people after I got married. My husband, who used to invite people to talk, also helped.

My husband talked and I exchanged people’s name for nothing just to make food and stir-fry. I do not even know her when I go to Facebook and look at her photos and look at her on Google. Did she get a plastic surgery? Maybe we will know if we eat one more meal and follow old memories. However, I am frustrated that she lives in Seoul far away.

The past has faded away, the future has flew to a more unknown place, and now it is constantly changing and drifting far away, wandering to the orphans in the era of modern information.

No comments:

Post a Comment