Friday, February 28, 2014

Why don’t you answer 'yes, no' clearl

Since when did I live with the word "just" in my mouth?

Though not very reluctant, an acquaintance that suffered from business and exhausted from conflict with her husband asked to go on a trip together. I couldn't ignore that she was to go alone. I called the travel Korean agency. The agency recommended the VIP package.

She and I stopped by the travel agency on our way to Flushing. I tried to pay with my credit card, but they want me pay it with cash or check. Even if a few dollars, I always pay credit card. So, I had an argument with the staff and just came out.

Looking wistfully at the falling rain, the acquaintance took out a cigarette and bit it. She was flattering cigarette smoke from the dark, chilly parking lot. Seeing her sad made me feel a little bit bitter, but I just came home.

"It is too bad to cancel the trip,” she said by phone. This time, I should have definitely turned down the acquaintance's request. But I thought I'd just have to go, so I called the same travel agency and asked them why not accept a credit card, they get it. Why are they doing this and that?

Anyway, we went on a trip after many twists and turns. As you will figure out if you many times traveling Europe, doesn't feel new, almost the same as a church pilgrimage. In addition, it was a trip to Eastern Europe in the short winter, so everything just went sassy.

The acquaintance wanted to have a drink and have fun with people at the bar every evening in the excitement of leaving the troublesome work behind. On the contrary, my habit of going to bed early and getting up early just started from some time ago when I was traveling. It is because I am always afraid that I might get sick during the trip.

I don't put any seriousness on the journey itself, leaving home and doing with someone, except for going to bed early. I was constantly 'ok, do as you please.' at her request. I just nodded without consistency.

The acquaintance that was angry at my indecisive attitude finally exploded. She shouted that I didn't answer 'yes, no' clearly and just repeated, 'do as you like.' Oh my gosh! It's a surprise! I should have refused when she asked me to travel with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment