Friday, February 21, 2014

The man then

The beginning of the story began with a peek into Google.

It was very cold Christmas Eve. I had a lot of fun with my friends. The next day, I went to El Paso cafe in Jongro with a friend who said she would introduce me to a man. It was Christmas.

A classy man, who seemed to know how to play, sat seriously. His low, yet vivid, charming voice, my friend hinted that he is good at playing the guitar and singing.

I didn't expect much from his sour response, but he called me to meet. I ran out to see him with excitement. But his attitude was not so bright. No matter how much I liked it, I also had no qualms with anyone who didn't like me. Our date didn't go smoothly and then it was cut off.

He called me unexpectedly one day after winter and almost spring. Wearing a flower-patterned dress and a sweater, I went to see him as if I had been dragged out in the spring wind. But after date several times, it was cut off again. One spring day after a year, I suddenly got another call. My friend told me that he broke up with a girl he met in church.

My love philosophy of 'do not stop the coming and do not hold the going' did not reject him. Again he disappeared and I waited like a habit, not excited by his indecisive attitude. Then I left for a far-off foreign land that he could no longer reach.

 What was I to him?

I was curious about the meeting that I spent many years without even having a proper date. What would he be like? I searched on Google. He became a famous pastor and preached in a large church. The handsome figure is buried over time, the hair is removed and the body was swollen. I guess he neglected our date in searched of a pastor's wife!

I must have been not enough of a pastor's wife! Not me either. A woman who knows only myself like me and lives in my passion is far from such a position. It is very well that he did not choose me.

Even if I'm not enough to be a good pastor’s wife, I'm a fine woman as an artist’s wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment