Friday, December 13, 2013

Resembling a cactus

The cactus, which is wrapped all over with thorns, is lonely, with no intention of leaning. It's just a body play towards the sun, waiting for water.

A cactus with only the size of a baby's finger looked at me in the jumble. As if "please take me with you." I just passed by the staring cactus. I went back, and I took cactus and put it in the window of the studio.

It reminds me of my friend's husband, a competent doctor, who brought a bouquet of flowers stuck in an airport trash can as well. I can't help but admire his commitment to saving lives, whether they are people or flowers.

My husband's used to blame me for "You kill the plants just by looking at them," But the cactus that tries to live in the garbage dumps will grow on it’s own.

His black and white photograph of my husband’s childhood taken in the shadow of the loofahs hanging in the front yard of a house are so nice. He grew up on the outskirts of Seoul, where the smell of the countryside was strong. He grew vegetables in a garden in front of a spacious house, ran around in a flower garden, and ate grasshoppers. With this memory, even though he lives in big city New York, he has strong lingering feelings for plants.

On the other hand, I don't even remember stepping on the ground. I grew up in an apartment like a matchbox of cement.  I'm afraid that the plants will die, so I don't think about raising them at all. It would be better to avoid than to kill. I don't know if it's a cactus that doesn't die without taking care of it.

The cactus, which has been sitting in the corner by the window for a long time, has grown to the size of the thumb and is staring at me. I gave it water. It was bright and lively. Suddenly began to grow bigger when nutrients were added. The movement toward the sun was bent. I tied to the wall with thread.

I felt sorry for being alone, so I bought three or four cactus to make friend. I was anxious to play music and water it. At last, I looked into the cactus and chatted more often.

I am becoming more and more like a cactus with thorns all over my body looking out the window and waiting for water, yearning to the sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment