Friday, December 6, 2013

Let's live as it is

“Brother-in-law, we did it wrong.” In a word, everyone in the family could safely celebrate Thanksgiving.

My whole family got together in my house Last Labor Day. My younger sister's husband is not Korean. Good to his wife. On the other hand, especially older Korean husband, sit back and treat their wives like maids.

Scandinavian and British ancestor's the younger sister's husband had both intelligence and appearance. He had a daughter at the age of forty years old. Not only he raises daughter but also helps with housework.

Younger sister, who was unhappy with our brother-in-law's attitude unlike her husband, said, "Why are you treating my sister so badly?" when she was feeling drunk. When I stepped in and helped out, the sleeping fire began to catch fire, and even my older sister stepped in too. And my husband, who was listening, said, "What would you do, brother? The world is changing like this, so we should pretend to fit in." Then the brother-in-law panicked and the voices of all of us have risen. When the situation got serious, younger sister's husband sneaked away like a cat.

The younger sister does not know how much her husband earns and how much he has. Her husband pays the entire bill his own. He doesn't force her to work. But when she works, she adds it to their living expenses. When she doesn't work, the husband gives her allowance.

In my case, I take care of the money my husband earns. He has never written a check without knowing the details about how much we have.  He sleeps well without worry and always live under the illusion that he is rich. I don't go out to work, but it's up to me to do kitchen work and raise children.

By the way, my elder sister makes money and does housework too. As if the demonstrators were shouting on the street we shouted, "It is not fair." So brother-in-law's anger boiled over like lava from Hawaii.

Since we have lived in the U.S. for a long time, Let's not meddle in other people's affairs and let's live our own way. We are perfectly comfortable without a Korean style of affection. However, the Korean-style sentiment still remaining erupted like a piece of Korean soap opera.

This Thanksgiving, my younger sister decided to invite. However, the elder brother-in-law said, "he will not come." My husband has no choice but to step up to said that "Dear brother, how about fried king prawns with seafood and sashimi? Let's have a drink at my house."

We had a good time eating and drinking the salad and the white kimchi that the elder sister brought and the pumpkin pie that the younger sister brought. As if we had not fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment