Friday, March 29, 2013

The care of the three Mrs. Kim

It was a very small started from the place where the peeled roof of my mouth. Whenever I ate, I couldn't eat properly because I brushed the wound.

I overworked my daily walk while not eating enough. I couldn't move suddenly to see if the joint between the right sacrum and the legs was missing. The pain was so severe that I couldn't stretch my legs and turn.

I danced for more than 3 hours with my friends the day before. My friends said that their knees, soles, back were pained. But, I bragged about 'No matter how much I dance, I am fine." I put on a pain relief patch, and steamed it. After a few days in bed, I lost my appetite and energy. I caught a cold and have a runny nose and a cough.

A friend who is last name Kim brought the roots of the balloon flower, asking me to put it in chicken soup and eat it. She left it in front of my house on her way to the church not to make it difficult for me. After eating a chicken soup with bellflower roots, the cold seemed to stop, but it was nauseating.

"Everything is useless except health.," I was lying down for days and days with thoughts of. As my father said, "women should keep their thin waistlines" I must have exercised a bit too hard. If I happen to meet first love on the street, did I try to show my thin waist that as if I'm not old yet? I realized my sister-in-law's remark that I could recover quickly if I had fleshy.

Invitation email came from another friend, Kim. My husband said, "That's great. When you go to your friend's house and eat and play, you feel energized," He drove me to friend's house. When I was young, whenever I was sick, my mother would send me to a home that lived six brothers and sisters. I ate and play there with them and then I felt energized.

The moment I saw the face of my friend, a generous Bodhisattva with a benevolent smile, I felt at ease. She frequently brought tea that smelled of herbal medicine.  She put a hot pack on my waist and shoulders. After a long dinner, I felt like I was getting a boost. But It was cold all night and shivering, and I fell asleep at dawn.

Another New Jersey friend, Kim, who belatedly heard that I was sick, she brought a big jar of kimchi and the odorless Cheonggukjang on her way home after the church. To avoid bothering me, my friend's husband started the car and pretended to be busy in the car. The kimchi that my friend made by herself tasted like the kimchi that my mother had buried in the ground in the past.

With the help of the three Kims, Aesook, Jawon and Gumran, I fully recovered from my illness. They are Catholic, Buddhist and Christian. Maybe it was the power of a mixed religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment