Friday, June 1, 2012

What's wrong?

I sat without lit a light in the dark. Both children have left the house. There is only desolateness. In the evening, I would grab my hungry stomach and go into the kitchen impatiently for the children who were coming back.

Even if I don't want to cook, I have to! I went to the kitchen with my laptop. On YouTube, I played my husband's favorite music and lit a candle. Dinner was set with wine. My husband is in a good mood and talks a lot.

It was only a few days to eat dinner while listening to music. My husband, who became no words, asked me to lower the song volume. Finally, he turned off the music. Looking at his bent back leaving the kitchen, I thought that 'would I still live together if there were no children?'

After finishing the dinner early, I picked up ‘Lee Mun-gu’s Gwanchon essay.’ The story is based in Daecheon, Chungcheong-do. The more I read, the more I fell into Chungcheong-do dialect.

Thanks to my friends, I was familiar with the dialect of Gyeongsang-do and Jeolla-do, but it was difficult to understand differently from the Chungcheong-do dialect I thought. I had to read and re-read the sentence because I didn't know what the contents of the book written in severe Chungcheong-do dialect mean.

"What matter with you?" I asked to my husband, who was sitting at the table and making an bad impression. I was going to say a word in cold Seoul dialect, but "What's wrong? What's the problem?" I asked him with the dialect of Chungcheong-do. "It's hard to live." "I understand your feeling." My husband, who read the book together, also replied with a dialect. We two looked at each other and grinned.

He was a husband who had gone away because he didn't want to answer it if I asked in a chilly Seoul dialect. After reading the Gwanchon Essay, he would say, "Wife, you are hilarious. Yes, It is going to be okay."

I talked in Chungcheong-do dialect too hard, and then I go too far and mix up Jeolla-do dialect. I am busy trying to please my husband by crossing Chungcheong-do and Jeolla-do dozens of times a day. How long do I have to live like this way? In spite of thought about ending my marriage, Yeah, I will live up to the black hair falls out with him.

A call came to my son who had gone far. "Hey, you okay? "Easy as pie?" I said with the dialect of Chungcheong-do. "Mom, your mouth hurts?"

No comments:

Post a Comment