Friday, December 31, 2021

Wish symphony

 For 30 years, I studied thanks to my parents. For 30 years, I support my husband and raise children, and did my artwork. For the rest of my life, I am planning to focus only on the artwork. However, the two sons who had left home to study, travel, and work have returned after wandering around the world. Then I have no choice but to leave the house. 

 In early 2014, I left Brooklyn and moved to the Upper West Side of Manhattan. When I moved, I found that there were only high-priced Whole Foods, and there was no place to shop that suited my level. I like IKEA and Trader Joe's. I waited patiently for Trader Joe's to open closer. Soon after, it opened nearby. 

 If possible, even a Korean market too... I have to walk a little bit, but H Mart also came in. I hoped that Shake Sake hamburger, which I sometimes enjoy eating would open. It was finally opened within the radius of my promenade. 

 This time, for fun, I mumbled 'Krispy kreme donut shop' that I get free donuts if I show proof that I have been vaccinated against Covid-19. It opened two blocks away this spring. Aww, I can get it if I want. I wondered what it would be like if Target come in, Finally, this fall, it opened in front of Whole Foods, three blocks away. I want my love IKEA to come in, but it seems difficult because it has to have a large showroom. 

 “Mom, I got money because I won an event.” 
As the second son proudly said. I also added a word. 
“All the stores I wanted have opened in the neighborhood. It's amazing. It comes true whatever I want. But what I really want is to make good works and writings, but I can't ask to do it. Those two things are the most important things to me.” 

 “It won’t happen because the three things that Mom wanted have already been accomplished.” “There is also a refill. Wouldn't it come true if I wish again?" 
"Well. Will it take effect after 5 years or so? It may come true after the statute of limitations has passed.” 
Isn't it son's advice to focus on what the I work hard to do my artwork during that period?" 

 The shops I wanted were opened in the streets of walking with my shopping cart, making my life easier. However, making the artworks and writings that shake my heart by always wriggling, sticking out its head, are depending on my ability and effort. I should organize useless my daily events like a waterfall that are scattered in all directions. And focus on my work like a drop of water falling to only one place. 

 Dear readers, I hope you have a good end to the difficult 2021 and have a cozy and healthy holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment