Saturday, November 13, 2021

Until the medicinal effects go down

 “Would you like to start with a glass of ice wine and then go to beer or wine?” 
"I want to drink Somaek." 
“After ice wine, then Guinness, then Somaek, then let’s drink wine.” 
Two men and three women gathered. It's raining outside. Sparking fires in the fireplace. It's a day that makes you crave alcohol. 

 “Why are there so many depressed people these days? They are sticking their head out all around me. What am I supposed to do?” 
“I think people are tired of the prolonged pandemic. It became sharp like a cactus sticking out needle-like thorns because it was reluctant to approach each other. Will it go back to normal?” “There is no possibility of going back to the past setuations. Just be grateful for surviving instead of dying and live happily every day. No one is living your life for you. It's just tiring to stand a thorn needle." 

 It is a drinking seat that started at 11 a.m. at Long Island's friend's house. It's 4 o'clock. Let's stop drinking now. It's not easy to drive when it's dark. Sober for an hour and leave at 5." 
“I don’t drive, so can I drink more?” 
“My wife’s drinking habit hasn’t changed since she always holds the glass first, endures until the end, and doesn’t want to go home.” 
At the sound of my husband's bitterness, I poured the red wine left at the bottom of the wine glass into my mouth like a vampire sucking blood and lifted my heavy legs. 

 As soon as I got home, I fell asleep. My stomach is twisted and my head is about to spin in the middle of the night. I mixed too much alcohol again! I didn't drink half of it compared to the past. I fell asleep at dawn while going in and out of the bathroom. 

 Two weeks later, an annual health check-up is scheduled. 
“We need to stop drinking and get a blood test. Let's stop drinking for two weeks. It’s a bit strange to be thirsty and hungry at dawn these days.” 

 Our couple eats and drinks more than usual from the day we meet a doctor once a year and have a medical checkup. Then, after a while, we eat and drink carefully, and two weeks before the health check, We are extremely careful. Was it because of that? Everything is normal for me, and my husband has early symptoms of diabetes and cholesterol that come and go. 

 Before stopping drinking, I need to drink enough to make me feel sick in order to fulfill my sobriety period. So I went to a friend's house and drank to the fullest. As I get older, the medicinal effects go down, but from now, two weeks is sobriety. I'm going to have to get through this sobriety, but I'm already missing about drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment