Friday, August 25, 2017

At three way intersection

The street lights are already on at 3 p.m. Is it broken? The day is getting shorter. Winter will comeBut will I ever see her again?

As always, I was walking towards Columbia University in Riverside Park in Manhattan. A slender Asian woman walks from the opposite sideEven from a distance, it is an intelligent and extraordinary woman. I hesitated whether to say hello. On my way back, the woman I just saw came from the opposite direction again.

The moment she brushed my side, she was asking me “Aren’t you teacher Lee?” I was surprisedI do not know her at all. “Do you know me?” I asked. “I read your article in the newspaper that said you wear walking in Riverside Park. I looked carefully because I though I might one day encounter you on the trail. I’m sure you are walking up front today. I encouraged my intuition.”

One reader was contacted to meet me on the way to Jogyesa Temple in 96th Street, saying she thought I am living near by. And another reader came to dance with me on a Saturday at the Cathedral in Queens. We became a close friend. But I can’t believe this will happen while talking a walk.

I walk tirelessly repeated the same route every dayas zombie. I might possibly enjoy repeating the same thing over and over again. But it's not same since I met her.  

Wouldn’t it be her if I saw a slim woman? Looking for a chance to meet her. I am sitting on a chair donated by a woman name Maggie Smith, looking around and waiting for her who enjoys sitting on that chair too.

My younger son who returns to New York now travels all over the world from the age of 14 to 26 whenever he has a chance. He said, "I feel so lonely that I travel aloneI might possibly enjoy if I plan to meet someone at my destination. "'In South America, the bus did not come on time, so I walked alone for 17 hours. I am tired of wandering alone. I should stay in one place and earn money.I was convinced by what my son's had said.

Since I met her, I have been waiting for her for a walk, and I expect to meet her, but it’s not easy. It would be even harder if the winter comes and the sun gets shorter. I wonder if I will meet her today. I’m looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment