Friday, April 8, 2016

Let’s go

A warm spring has come, pushing the long winter. Away in the hazy blue sky, a plane flies like a white bird. Isn’t it going to go to Seoul?

About 35 years ago, I left the country on that plane. In the meantime, the Internet has developed so rapidly that the time has come to look at the whole world with a small computer screen. But the flight time to Seoul has not decreased.

Just as Lee Bum-sun's short novel 'Ovulcan', a displaced North Korean character that defected to South Korea shouted 'Let's go,' whenever my brother-in-law gets drunk, he habitually shout, “I will go back to Korea to live." "Do not just say that please go. There is no catcher."

My husband, who is nervous about Korean news, also said, "If we grow older, will we go to Korea to live?" "I'll just live here. If you want to go, go by yourself.” Why cannot they forget the hometown they left behind? No one welcome them when they return. 

It’s been a too long time since I left my country. There is no parent or sisters. Friends are not the same as before. The person who left in the 1970s is living in the United States with emotion about the mother country that was stopped in the 70s. If you have been there for a few days, you may be reluctant to meet someone, but if you have come to live, his or her attitude will change. Do not you know if you take a lot of money?

It is just the beginning of another immigrant life that returned to the homeland. Wouldn’t it be for the good of the country, friends and people around me to take root in this place where I live?

There is a brother who hates Korea, came to the United State. And then he went back to Korea because he doesn’t like New York either. He went back to Korea and came back to the United State again. What complaints does he have when he is living his life like a bird?

Home is not a place but a place where people remember themselves. When the thirst for visual memories of my hometown comes, I will be able to look into the good Internet and look alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment