Friday, April 22, 2016

That’s the way the mountains are

"Mom, I don’t like Naples. It's messy. "Napoli, in my head didn’t want to go to my son’s word.

On a cruise to the Mediterranean, the ship was anchored in the harbor of Naples. I came back after looking around Pompeii in the morning. I leaned against the ship railing and looked out. As Mt. Halla stood tall in the middle of Jeju Island in Korea, the open port of Naples greeted me as if to come. "I'll go out for a while." "What if you get lost?"

Going up the hill along a narrow alley through colorful shopping districts, the buildings that had been clinging to each other became shabby and began to fall into the sunset. The idlers came out in the alley, squinting. I pulled my husband’s arm and urged him to go down.

"Going the same way again? Let's take side road," he said. Looking down the hill, we were as close to reaching as soon as the cruise we hurried down. But when we came down, there was no ship. I’m sure the ship was on the back of my head when I went up, and I saw it coming down, but where did it go?

I though I'll see it as I walk. We walked along the beach at ease. But what a wow, the big white cruise was not seen. The sun went down, and it was a pity that few people and car had passed by. Time to leave the ship has come closer and closer. I started to run all the way faster. I looked back and looked at my husband in the dark and disappeared.

Apparently I came down the side rode just up the alley! How did we come down in the wrong direction? Fortunately, I could barely catch it just as the ship closed.

That’s the way the mountains are! Wouldn’t my husband have been on the ship in a panic if I didn’t come back when it was getting near time to go to the mountain alone? I imagined. No, that's not it. The ship left Naples with out me. He woke up, stopped by the restaurant, filled his stomach and fell asleep again?

Whenever I take a cruise, I become a single. My husband reads a book or drinks wine while watching the swirling sea in the cabin. However, as if I am trying to get my money’s worth, I keep snooping around all the programs alone. When I get exhausted, I slip in and lay down in the cabin.

No comments:

Post a Comment