Friday, May 22, 2015

He'll do well on his own

"Mom, Chang-yang is married!" "When?" "When he went home on vacation." "He didn’t have a girlfriend, did he?" “No, but he asked older childhood friend who live next door to marry him. They just made a pledge at the City Hall.

"Wow! "It's cool." "Mom will you like him if you meet. I will go to China as the best man at the wedding." "Ask him to come to New York.” "Chinese cannot go where they want to go."

Chang-yang wanted to major in English in China, but he majored in Japanese for coercion in college. Although he is older than my son, they work together in Japan and get along very well.

"Mom, I can go anywhere else, but it is sad that I cannot go to Korea even if I was born as a Korean. I want to go to the Korean palace and temple and eat Korean food." "Well. How it happened!"

My son went to Korea three times. It was a program to visit the mother country through the Root Education Foundation, and as a native language-training course at Chung-Ang University. Also he visited Korea when he was studying for semester in Thailand. Unfortunately, born before June 13, 1998, in the United States: a person whose son had Korean nationality at birth had to go to the army with a paternalist lineage that acquired Korean nationality at the time of birth.

In a word, it is ridiculous. The purpose of the law was to prevent maternity trips, but the young men are having trouble. My son was deeply disappointed with his sad nationality that he could not be dragged into the army when he was working.

During the video chat, suddenly I doubt if my son is going to marry his Japanese girlfriend at City Hall without telling us. "Matsumi (the son's girlfriend) is old enough to marry and did she ask you to marry her?” "She said it once." "So, I answered, I do not know. We both love Murakami Haruki. It makes perfect sense. She's a really cool girl.”

Our sons who hate the hassle like our couple mutter, saying that they are going to married at city Hall. It’s good to me because we do not have to pay for the wedding and there’s no need to invite to people around us, but I wonder if women who get married our son want?

"Is the Skype weird? Mom looks like you're still a high schoolboy! Do I look younger, too?” I put my face closer to Skype. I have to make bullshit to emphasize that the child is not old enough to get married with. Oh, I do not know. He'll do well on his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment