Friday, March 27, 2015

The railroad station

"Mom, I want to eat Shakeburger."

My son, who is in Japan, said that the Japanese food was too small in quantity to eat. After eating he is even hungry. Last time, he said he wanted to eat bagels.

"What can you do? I can’t send a hamburger, you just have to eat what you have there and adapt to it."

I have never sent a parcel of my life. It is my usual belief that one should solve a problem where one lives. It is annoying to think that buy things and send them to someone.

I told the son that way, but I feel aching. I went to Shake shack in Grand Central Station to try hamburgers instead of son.

It is a terminal where draws compassion deep inside in the heart. In the movie ‘Falling in love and Unfaithful’, the Grand Central Station is the background of the affair that fell in love. A train terminal is where the main characters fret and fidget to meet each other.

During my adolescence, I have suffered a lot of heartbreaks because of the mother who lay sick all her life, and as a result of my father's affair. "If father keeps afflicting my mother with affairs, I'll leave home" "Where are you going?" My father asked me, "I will go south along the railroad track." I was going to grab a bag while I was whimpering. In the late fall, I walked around a Seoul Station wearing a red and black checkered thick winter coat over black trousers.

"When you become an adult, you will understand me," my father said. My father comforted my pain, gave me gifts, talked and encouraged me a lot. Of course, I lying down beside my mom and talked and received love. Now, both the pain of a mother and the affair of a father are remembered as love, and it seems that humans have the latent ability to change the bad memory in a good direction.

Shake Shack in the basement of the terminal, I sat in a high chair to observe people passing by. I bite the hamburger slowly for a long time and think what the things that made my child harder. All of a sudden, I recalled being chased by a mischievous boy while walking around Seoul Station when I was adolescence. The mischievous boy went on to say and chased me that I was cute in my black pants and red and black-checkered coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment