Friday, March 13, 2015

For the reasons of regret

"Why are you suddenly going to see the ballet?"

It has been a while since I haven’t eaten kimchie because I didn’t go to the Korean market. In this cold and snowy winter, I want to eat Kimchi stew, seaweed and warm white rice with a pollack roe.

My husband just happened to go to Chinatown, so I followed him to buy something to make Kimchi. Snow is fluttering. “Shall we go to a Japanese restaurant near East Village?” "Let’s have Sashimi and warm sake.” Suddenly, the phone rang.

A friend calls me to meet me saying she have a ballet ticket at Lincoln Center. I can go to the Japanese restaurant next time, but I thought to see the ballet today.

Time flies like a bird flying in the sky. From any year, the time disappears like flashing light. As anyone says, time flies at 60 miles in 60s and 70s, it takes 70 miles per hour.

I have a lot of things to do, but my head and body do not follow as much as I want. When I wake up in the morning and work on it, soon the sun falls, and the darkness shines like a curtain. The day goes by in vain. I decided not to postpone today's work and opportunity.

It was not a fantastic ballet in a complicated, cumbersome white dress imagined by my husband. The costume, background and rhythm seemed to appreciate the contemporary minimal art of the museum.

During the break, I turned my head observed the movements of people. There are many older people dressed up nicely. Thanks to their rich ancestry, they seemed to be looking for and seeing often because they was proficient in art, which seemed to be part of everyday life. I envy their cultural life.

The fact that I am living in the US as an immigrant has not been able to experience the American culture naturally. It is because I live with Korean husband and did not learn the American culture properly. But it is ridiculous to change a thankful husband who has lived for over 30 years with me. If my husband 's betrayal gives me an opportunity, I will leave without hesitation.

I was given a chance to learn a new life by learning and feeling American culture and life in association with foreigners. Why not? Well, will it be possible with my age?

No comments:

Post a Comment