Friday, November 29, 2013

A leaving junior

In early winter, when the yellowish leaves are gone, one of my favorite junior is leaving in New York and going to Korea. My favorite people slipped away like leaves. Older seniors were already gone to the other world. Younger seniors ones are in Korea. Isn't it left just my husband and me?

Makgeolli and Korean snacks poured out of the junior's bag-pack like a pack of drunkards. "I can buy more if it's not heavy." grumbled. When she got drunk, Her voice went up and says what she wanted to say. 

"Are you drunk already?" Her Gyeongsang-do dialect has become more and worse. I thought she was going to the bathroom, but she was struggling to squeeze her legs into a long booth. It was sad that she leaves early. She used to sit around the table drinking until dawn.

Whenever I had a drink with my husband, I called her. "Hey, why don't you come here? We're having a drink?" She also said in a drunken voice, "I'm having a drink, too." "Drink a little." "I love you, seniors."

"Who is it?" she answers with a groaning voice, "It's me. Did you drank again yesterday, didn't you? Are you still sleeping?" Come to think of it, we spent a lot of time together by drinking rather than art. I'm sorry I couldn't help you or set a good example.

I tried to match her a foreigner with a husband, but she insisted that she should live comfortably in Korean food, so I failed. Go. Go eat enough Korean food, do a lot of good work, and live a good life without being lonely.

My husband and three of us walked to the subway station, shoulder-to-shoulder and swaying together. "Seniors, you know I like you guys a lot." "Are you drunk?'' She was entering the subway entrance and I said to her back "Me too."

"Isn't it just the two of us left? I guess we're the first ones in our class to come all the way to New York. We don't have any place to go back. Why does she go to this dreary early winter when the leaves are all gone?" "You have to live a long, healthy life to be my drinking friend. You're my best friend."

I slipped hold his hand. He pulls out his hand and doesn't answer back. Embarrassed my hands hide deep in the pockets of my coats, and short legs move diligently.

No comments:

Post a Comment